The purpose of the incentive project is to maintain Iceland‘s status as an optimal future destination for tourists by supporting sustainability for future generations of the nation
Go West is among the 310 companies that have signed a declaration on responsible tourism. Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, President of Iceland, is the project’s patron. Festa – the Center for Corporate Social Responsibility and the Iceland Tourism Cluster support the project in cooperation with the Tourist Board, SAF, Promote Iceland, Regional Marketing Offices of Iceland, Visit Reykjavík and Safetravel Iceland.
The companies involved in the project aim to:
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour and respect for nature.
- Ensure the safety of guests and treat them courteously.
- Respect the rights of employees.
- Have a positive impact on the local community.
The goals of Festa the Icelandic Tourist Cluster’s promotional efforts are to:
- Establish a clear message from companies that they strive to be responsible.
- Highlight examples of good practice in sustainability and social responsibility in tourism.
- Provide an incentive to companies that have yet to consider sustainability practices and social responsibility.
The declaration has been and will continue to be followed with training programs for companies on CSR and sustainability.